By now we have all seen or heard of the famous Mississippi Pot Roast. It sounds amazing, but I haven’t tried it. Most dry ranch mixes have dairy solids, and I try to avoid dairy. If I do eat dairy, I want it to be something worthwhile like butter.
I make Pot Roast 2-3 times a cold-weather season. And every time I do, my middle child complains about how this or how that it is. So when I made this Italian Banana Pepper Pot Roast and served it, I expected the usual complaints.
That was NOT the case this time! “Hey Mikey, he likes it!” He really liked it.
So overall, this recipe is a bonafide winner. It is the only roast I make anymore.
Preparing the Freezer Bag
Combine boneless beef chuck shoulder roast, sliced banana peppers, chopped onion, Wildtree Chicken Bouillon Soup Base and Wildtree Italian Salad Dressing Mix in a freezer bag. Freeze until ready to cook.
Preparing & Cooking the Meal
Thaw one night in refrigerator before placing contents of freezer bag plus 1 cup of water to CrockPot. Cook on “low” setting for 6-8 hours.
Before serving, chop roast with Pampered Chef Salad Chopper scissors.
- 2lb boneless beef chuck shoulder roast
- 4 banana peppers (mild or hot), seeds removed and sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 3T Wildtree Italian Salad Dressing Mix
- 1T Wildtree Chicken/Beef Bouillon Soup Base
- 1 gallon-sized plastic freezer bag
- Label your freezer bag with name of meal, cooking instructions and "user by" date.
- Combine all ingredients to your freezer bag.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal, and lay flat in your freezer.
- The night before, move to refrigerator to thaw.
- Add contents of freezer bag plus 1 cup of water to slow cooker.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on "low" setting.
- Shred meat and serve!
- Potatoes & Vegetables